What Causes Rectal Prolapse And How To Reduce It Naturally?
Rectal prolapse appears as an ailment in which the rectum becomes prolonged and obtrudes out of the anus. This ensues when the rectum turns itself back-to-front and appears out via the anus. While the condition ensues in the both sexes, it falls much more common in females than males.
Causes of rectal prolapse
- Long-lasting constipation with a past of straining to defecate.
- Chronic diarrhea
- Old age – Because of slackness of the pelvic floor muscle and abridged anal sphincter tone.
- Pregnancy, problematic vaginal delivery, numerous vaginal deliveries.
- Chronic cough because of COPD or any other reason
- Neurological disorders like multiple sclerosis, injury to the lower back or pelvis, spinal tumors.
- Cystic fibrosis in kids
The most common symptom is something lump/ inflammation coming out of the anal opening. In the initial phases, this might ensue only during a bowel movement, but as the condition progresses it might ensue on coughing, sneezing and standing up too. At the start it might be possible to slide back the bulge inside with your fingers. With time, even this might not be possible and it might obstinately stay out. A brief clinical past of your symptoms followed by inspection of the rectum is done. Your doctor might ask you to strain or cough during the inspection. If you wish to know how to reduce your rectal prolapse without surgery, you can opt for Ayurvedic medicines at our centre.