Rectal prolapse, internal invagination, and solitary rectal ulcer syndrome encompass a spectrum of anatomical abnormalities connecting the descent of full- or partial-thickness rectal wall related to pelvic floor dysfunction. These circumstances, while benign, can be tremendously incapacitating because of the uneasiness of prolapsing material both inside and externally, related drainage of mucus or blood, and the communal incidence of faecal incontinence or impairment.
In affected role with rectal prolapse, diastasis of the levator ani, an unusually deep cul-de-sac, a redundant sigmoid colon, a patulous anal sphincter, and damage of the rectal sacral attachments are normally found.1– 6 In times past, restoration of standard anatomy to treat rectal prolapse was measured a definition of accomplishment. However, the occurrence of several operations to correct this problem specifies that the accomplishment of excellent consequences is somewhat elusive.
Ayurvedic Medicines for Rectal Prolapse
In the initial phases, rectal prolapse treatment without operation can be accomplished with the following medicine selections.
- Changeri Ghrita: Advantageous in bloating, malabsorption condition, diarrhoea, dysuria, piles.
- Mushika Taila: This oil is usually applied to the prolapsed portion; it is positioned in its normal location and bandaging is completed. Treatment may be compulsory for 2-4 weeks of time.
- Triphala Choorna: Convenient in wound healing, has a harsh effect.
- Lodhrasava: Helpful in piles anaemia, and heavy bleeding.
- Ashokarisata: Beneficial in tender menstruation, heavy periods, fever, bleeding illness, such as nasal bleeding, bleeding haemorrhoids, tenderness, etc.
- Kutajarishta: Expedient in fever, sprue, diarrhoea, etc. Bola Parpati: Helpful in bleeding conditions, bleeding haemorrhoids.
- Aravindasava: Appropriate in kids for humanizing ingestion and muscle strength.