Rectal prolapse is basically the protuberance of the rectum via the anal opening. Minor prolapse of just the rectal mucosa might occur or more severe prolapse might occur where the complete thickness of the rectum is moved. Patients might have possible bloody stools, constipation, incomplete feeling post defecation, lower belly prolapsed feeling and pain.
- 3 degrees of prolapse: 1st -less than 5cm. comes out with bowel movement and withdraws naturally
- 2nd -5-10cm – might or might not retract naturally
- 3rd -more than 10cm – membrane becomes solid and thick and is inept to retract without person’s help.
Rectal prolapse is common in older grown-ups with a long-standing history of constipation or a weakness in the pelvic floor muscles. It is more common in females than in males and even more common in females over the age of 50 (postmenopausal women) but transpires in younger individuals too.Symptoms of rectal prolapse might include:
- Bright red tissue spearing out of the anus (the tissue may be bloody or have mucus on it, and it mightrecoil inside the body on its own or stay outside the anus)
- An uncomfortable sensation like something is dropping out, or like you are sitting on a ball
- Trouble beginning a bowel movement
- Feeling like you can’t wholly empty your bowels
- Fecal incontinence (incapability to control your bowel movements; faeces might leak out unpredictably)
Rectal prolapse is quite common and if you wish to grab one sure-shot way of getting rid of it, you should visit Daya Ayush Therapy Center for Ayurvedic medicines.