Rectal prolapse in grown-ups is a situation where the full thickness of the rectum projects and concentric rings of rectum are seen. Protuberance of the rectal wall might result in pain, bleeding, swelling, hygiene problems and fecal incontinence. There might be an allied urinary incontinence, leakage, bladder or uterine prolapse. The prolapse might be reducible with lying down and applying gentle pressure. Un reduced prolapse can result in deceased tissue and serious infection.Rectal prolapse is more common in females and the risk upsurges with age. Risk factors take in pregnancy, chronic straining, diarrhea, constipation, neurological complaints, preceding lower abdominal surgery, COPD and pelvic floor dysfunction.
Managing rectal prolapse
If you are recuperating from rectal prolapse herbal treatment, make certain to take your medicines as directed by your doctor. These tips for managing rectal prolapse before or after retrieval from treatable may help:
- Evade any activities that upsurge pressure in your rectal region, such as straining to have a bowel movement or heavy lifting, for at least six months.
- Have any obstinate cough treated by your doctor.
- If you smoke, stop.
- Eat at least five platefuls of fruits and vegetables each day. A high-fiber diet will help inhibit constipation and straining.
- Drink six to eight glasses of water each day.
- If you are constipated, ask your clinician if you should take a stool softener or a bulk laxative.
- Stay active and do consistent workout. If you are over heavy, try to get back to a healthy weight.
If you need more info on natural ways and Ayurvedic prolapse rectum treatment, visit Daya Ayush Therapy Centre today.